Law Society of Singapore
The College of Law and The Law Society of Singapore
The College of Law and The Law Society of Singapore have committed to develop and deliver legal education and training programmes to meet the needs of the legal profession in Singapore. This shared commitment was marked by a memorandum of understanding (MOU) signed by Gregory Vijayendran SC, President of Law Society, and Neville Carter, Group Chief Executive Officer of The College of Law, on 19 March 2018 in Singapore.
Gregory Vijayendran SC described the collaboration with The College of Law as historic, as this is the first time the Law Society has collaborated with a legal education provider. The collaboration will drive thought leadership in legal education policy and aims to develop a wide range of courses, with a series of subjects involving ASEAN law to start with.
The Law Society and The College of Law will establish a 5-year development plan to prepare members of the legal profession for a future where lawyers require not only deep expertise in specific practice areas but also market knowledge and business skills.
CPD Collaboration for the Law Society of Singapore
As part of its collaboration with the Law Society of Singapore, The College of Law is providing a suite of complimentary online CPD programmes:
- Blended Families – Planning Options and Drafting Issues
- Commerciality in Legal Practice
- Electronic Evidence, Digital Signatures and Record Retentions
- Ethics for the Cyber lawyer: Avoiding the Pitfalls of Lawyering Online
- Improving Workplace Psychological Health and Safety
- Latest Issues in Elder Law
- Latest Developments in E-transacting
- Preventive Estate Planning
- Risk Management in Legal Practice
- Risk Management in the Digital Era
- Risk Managing Your Practice in the Digital Area
- Social Media as Evidence
- Stress Management in Law
- Structuring your Legal Practice
- The Insolvency Law Reform
- The Internet and the Law: Cyber-security
- The Role of Skilful Negotiation and Drafting in the Age of E-contracts
- Unravelling Financial Statements
Complete the form below and you will be provided with access details.