Peter Tritt is Director, Asia-Pacific for the College of Law - the largest provider of practitioner education and training in Australia and New Zealand. Peter was previously the director responsible for practitioner markets in Australia and before that was CEO of the New Zealand College.
Before joining the College, Peter specialised in employment law and managed a large team of lawyers and consultants who advised and represented member employers in employment, industrial relations and workplace health and safety matters.
Peter graduated in Law and Arts from the University of Auckland and began his legal career working in property and commercial practice areas with a large law firm. Other early career roles included an in-house role within a peak industry organisation and investigating and resolving complaints in the Ombudsman’s Office.
Peter’s career in industry advocacy and representation and association management includes a senior management role in New Zealand’s largest employer organisation and chief executive roles in three peak industry organisations representing the civil contracting, food and beverage and magazine publishing sectors.
Programme Director, Asia-Pacific
BA, LLB, MA (Hons), LLM (Hons) University of Auckland
Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
Legal Practitioner of New South Wales Australia
- Program Director, Asia-Pacific
- Chair, Legal Development and Training Committee of the Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA)
- Trustee of the Halberg Disability Sport Foundation
- Board Member of the New Zealand Tae Kwon Do
- Member of the Institute of Directors New Zealand (MinstD)
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member of the LAWASIA Moot Secretariat
Previously held positions and experience
- Associate Director, Asia-Pacific of the College of Law Australia and New Zealand
- Adjunct Lecturer, College of Law Australia and New Zealand
- Law Tutor (NZLPE) of the College of Law New Zealand
- Lawyer in public sector specialising in finance and securities law (Auckland, NZ)
- Lawyer in private practice specialising in commercial and property law (Auckland, NZ)
- Board Secretary of the YouthLaw Aotearoa Community Law Centre
- Instructor and Head Instructor at CDI School (Seoul, South Korea)
- Member of the APEC New Zealand Young Leaders Group